Open Control Panel, go to Windows Update and click on Change Settings on the left pane.
Now change the option in the drop-down list from “Install updates automatically (recommended)” to a more favorable “Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them”
After that is done, click the Installed Updates link in the bottom-left corner of the window.
It is advisable to sort the list of update by name.
- Look for the following: Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall
- Accept the option of restarting your system
- Remember how we disabled automatic updates? That was done to keep the notification from coming back!
- Re-visit the Windows Update panel, but this time, click on Check for Updates on the left pane
- After that, click on the number of updates available in order to bring up a list of available updates
- Seek out Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)
- Right-click -> Hide